The Mudgee Region will come alive once again to celebrate the 38th annual Mudgee Wine & Food Festival from 9th September – 3rd October 2016, bringing together delectable wine and delicious food from across the region.
The month long culinary festival hosts an array of events across the region’s top restaurants, bars, cafes and cellar doors. In a first for the festival, Mudgee will host a series of events over three nights dedicated to some of Mudgee’s most awarded winemakers.
Learn the subtleties and nuances of a Mudgee drop and have the firsthand opportunity to experience how they differ to some of Australia’s most revered wines, as well as the rest of the world.
“It’s exciting to see Mudgee Region’s many producers, growers and businesses come together and take part in the festival, providing visitors to the region with a rare opportunity to meet the makers behind the region’s fine produce and form a real connection with the Mudgee Region,” says Russell Holden, Chair of the Mudgee Region Tourism Board.
Cheese lovers will not be disappointed, with an entire evening dedicated to cheese and wine pairing to help guide foodies through the culinary pleasures of life.
As well as this, cellar doors will be open for extended hours, host one-of-a-kind events and collaborate with local restaurants to bring the worlds of wine and food together, whether that be with a simple tasting platter or a more extensive menu showcasing regional produce or cuisines of the world.
Ted Cox, President of Mudgee Wine & Grape Growers Association, says: “The Mudgee Wine & Food Festival is one of the longest running celebrations in the region and there’s no sign of slowing down either! More events are added each year and we’re particularly excited about our three Wednesday evenings dedicated to learning about wine – nothing formal, just a great way to learn a little, or a little bit more, about Mudgee wine.”
From wine tasting to cheese pairing classes, and long lazy lunches with live music amongst the vines, the event is set to be bigger and brighter than ever, highlighting the Regions country charm and sophisticated food + drink offering.
“Mudgee Wine & Food Festival provides visitors an authentic taste test of the very best of local wineries, food producers and cultural experiences in the region. For anentire month, visitors can skip town with their loved ones and get lost in the flavours of Mudgee Region and we’re really excited to play host,” says Leianne Murphy, Acting CEO Mudgee Region Tourism.
Features a range of flagship events, including:
- Flavours of Mudgee – The main street of Mudgee will close to traffic and come alive with an estimate of 8,000 festival-goers savouring the flavours of the region.
- Go Tasting – Taste wines from the Mudgee Wine Show including those that most impressed the judges during the annual wine maker’s competition.
- Mudgee vs Australia & Mudgee vs The World – This wine appreciation evening will give visitors a taste test of the best Mudgee wines the region has to offer.
- Farmer’s Markets – Bring a big basket and as many spare hands as you can to carry home all of the amazing Spring produce on offer.
- No matter what delights you when it comes to food and wine, you’re likely to find it in abundance during the festival celebration.