Meat & Livestock Australia (MLA) is calling on those with grassroots, producer events in the first half of 2018 to submit an application as part of its second-round sponsorship process.
MLA’s sponsorship program provides financial and in-kind support for industry events that increase awareness and adoption of business-enhancing research, development and marketing.
Second round MLA event sponsorship opportunities include applications for $10,000 and less and in-kind sponsorships for events held between January 2018 and June 2018.
Any group or organisation whose event meets the criteria (below) is encouraged to apply for MLA event sponsorship. Applications for second round MLA sponsorships close Friday, 24 November 2017.
MLA recognises the value in supporting local events and is committed to supporting groups which take the initiative to engage and inform producers, and work with MLA to foster the long-term prosperity of the Australian red meat and livestock industry.
While all events that bring benefit to red meat producers are considered, priority is given to those related to livestock production that build awareness of research and development (R&D) and the adoption of new tools, technologies and practices.
In the last six months, MLA has supported over 40 events including The Australian Sheep & Wool Show, NSW Farmers Association Annual Conference 2017, Yulgilbar Beef Expo & Forum, Australian Women in Agriculture – Securing Australian Agriculture – sustaining families, farming and our future, and National Grower Group Summit.
To be considered for sponsorship, events must meet the following criteria:
- Align with the priorities of MLA’s Strategic Plan
- Target commercial red meat producers to increase the productivity, sustainability and profitability of their business
- Include agreed measures of success such as number of attendees, satisfaction and usefulness scores
- Provide follow-up opportunities post-event to further enhance the information delivered
- MLA to be acknowledged and recognised as a sponsor of the event
- MLA logo to appear on all event promotional material and publications (website and print advertising) in accordance with MLA’s brand guidelines
- Allow for a MLA banner to be displayed at the event
- Opportunity to have a trade stand at the event, where appropriate
- Opportunity to have a MLA staff member speak at the event
- Post Event Report to be completed within one month after the event.
For more information on MLA’s event sponsorship and to apply, please visit https://www.mla.com.au/news-and-events/events-and-workshops/request-mla-sponsorship/