Registrations are now open for premier farm business events that will be held in Western Australia in February, 2018.
Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) Farm Business Updates will be held in Cunderdin on February 5 2017, Kojonup on February 6 2017 and Yuna on February 8 2017.
GRDC Western Regional Panel chairman Peter Roberts said the Updates were aimed at both growers and advisers and support for the events had been strong since they were introduced in WA in 2014.
“I encourage growers and industry people to attend a Farm Business Update event near them, to benefit from the information delivered and the networking opportunities provided,” he said.
“The aim of these Updates is to enhance grower and adviser knowledge and understanding of farm business issues to help with effective planning and management.
“They provide a unique forum for growers and advisers to learn from and network with leading industry professionals.”
The 2018 events will cover a range of topics, presented by expert speakers, including:
- Economic drivers and trends impacting on farming businesses (Stephen Koukoulas, Market Economics managing director)
- Managing risk – what is the potential role of multi-peril crop insurance? (Farmanco)
- Farm generational transfer – structures and processes to ensure it is a success for both generations (Stephen Park, Pacer Legal)
- Making it work across generations – a family farm case study (grower Leo Delahunty, Templemore Partners, Murtoa in Victoria)
- Developing emotional and mental fortitude for the road ahead (Dennis Hoiberg, Lessons Learnt Consulting)
Additional speakers will present at individual events.
Each of the GRDC Farm Business Updates will be held from 9am to 4.30pm.